Friday, February 26, 2016

Internet Cafe Excitement

On my last day in Antigua, someone left me a present.  A computer, in an internet cafe, left wide open with quite a few pages open, includnig an email account.  I, of course, could not help myself.  Yes, I logged out of his account.  But not before taking note of a few things, and sending this email:

Dear William,

I logged into a computer at Conexion Internet Cafe in Antigua to send a quick note home, and as I opened gmail, it loaded to your account.  While you do seem to have quite a few unread emails, you are clearly not adequately using the 'tabs' function in Gmail to help sort and manage those unread emails.  I am in a bit of a rush today, so I was able to refrain from adding those tabs, sorting your inbox, muting group conversations or setting up a bookmark system which would enable you to more easily sort and store emails per your preference.  As I decided that prying might be a poor choice, I was unwilling to find and use your mobile number to set up remote log-out, something I'd highly recommend.  Particularly if you share computer access with any roommates or family members.

I did however log out, wipe the browser history and would recommend that you do the same in the future.

Fellow traveler, Internet Cafe User and Useless Spanish Speaker


C.

Yes.  I was sunburnt and bored. And yes, I really really really hope I get a response email from William. And that he changes ALL of his passwords into a totally unsolvable jumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment